V1.3.15 adds some nice new features for fading in and out the Mic signal. Cross-fades are possible also. You can set the type to use in Live2Setup , 5 types of muting or fading in and out are possible :
- Auto Mic mute. This is behaviour like before.
- Manual Mic mute. The Mic is not muted automatically you can manually mute it during play.
- Auto Mic fade. Behaviour is like before, but the Mic is faded in and out with the fade-times you set. You can set different fade in and out times, from 0 to 10 seconds.
- Manual Mic fade. Like 2. but with fade in and out.
- Auto Cross fade. Like 3. but with a cross-fade between played file and Mic.
V 1.3.14 now unleashes full potential of the AAC encoders of Coding Technologies with the addition of 2 new stereo profiles:
- AAC-HE v2 . This enables better stereo quality with lower bitrate, adviced bitrates are from 16 to 56 kbps.
- Oversampled SBR. In case highest bit rate efficiency is not the most important requirement but instead highest possible audio quality is aimed for, AAC-HE offers the so-called oversampled SBR mode as an alternative to plain AAC. In Luci it’s abbreviated to HQ SBR. Adviced bitrates are from 96 to 256 kbps.
- We increased maximum bitrate for all AAC profiles to 256 kbps.
- Useful bitrates for different profiles are: AAC mono 32 to 160 kbps, AAC Stereo 64 to 256 kbps, AAC-HE mono 16 to 64 kbps, AAC-HE Stereo 16 to 128 kbps, AAC-HEv2 Stereo 16 to 56 kbps, AAC-HE HQ SBR Stereo 96 to 256 kbps.
Download here at the right, set the new profiles in Live2 Setup and enjoy !
New version 1.3.11 uploaded with extra feature and 2 bugs solved:
- When Luci runs in server-mode, you can now set a time out. Up until now this was set to 2 seconds: if no stream comes in for 2 seconds the return stream was stopped also. Now you can set the time to any value between 1 and 999 seconds. If you fill in 0, the time-out will be 1 day exactly. This way a reporter can mute the Mic but still receive the return-stream up until the time that is set as time-out at the server.
- We found a tiny memory-leak of 60 bytes each time a connection was made. It is now resolved.
- Playing wave-files at different sample-rates as the I/O sample-rate now works ok.
V 1.3.10 now uploaded, several bug-fixes:
- Make recordings in wav-format now works ok.
- Sometimes the recording counter ran too fast with stereo-streams.
- If you had only 1 station defined you did not see the correct name in the display of the current chosen station.
Several bugs are resolved in the new version 1.3.8:
- Save as Wave does not work yet correctly, please don’t use it. Will be resolved this week.
- “Try to minimize I/O cross-talk” option didn’t work for AAC-HE streams.
- Changing the Windows mixer-gain was not possible when the “Windows default device” was chosen as Input.
An extra download option is on the right: “Windows zip” enables you to download the executables only, for easy updating the USB-stick installations.
In the latest version you can set the sample-rate of the audio I/O to 48 KHz also. Luci Live2 used to use always 44.1 KHz at the audio input and output, but streamed at 48 KHz always using high-quality sample-rate converters. This was done to ensure that the audio input and output works with all soundcards or PDA’s.
Now you can set the sample rate for the Audio I/O to 48 KHz also, for the case where you have a controlled and known soundcard.
This version 1.3.7 can be downloaded from the download section on the right.
V 1.3.3 uploaded. You can now also set the output-format (encoder, bitrate, stereo) different for each profile.
This will enable the reporter to choose different bitrates for different situations, ie HSDPA, WIFI, ADSL, etc.
New version at beta-site (see right at the blogroll) has new features:
- Gain knob to adjust input-gain. Like in Luci, you can use the up/down key to adjust.
- Uses Windows Mixer to adjust microphone-gain below 0dB(attenuation). If no Windows-mixer is available, the gain can not be adjusted below 0dB. This should work on a PDA also, but not all PDA’s have the Windows Mixer inside, the newer WM6 ones mostly do however. So, finally we can make some decent gain-control from within Luci on a PDA !
- Default ports in Live2 Setup now work correctly. Used to NOT work when you have not typed in :portnr after the URL or IP-address.
V 1.3.1 is uploaded. Improvements:
- Added a compatibility-mode for Mayah Centauri in Setup. You can now switch it On or Off.
- Landscape mode bitmaps are created and included in the packages so at landcape mode, Live2 will have the correct bitmaps.